Re: Instant Party - Import CD Review

>There's a ton of songs on this double CD &, for the most part, everything
>sounds pretty decent.  Maybe too much high-end here & there, & darn it if
>some tracks are lower in volume than the others (makes me have to get up
>off my lazy ass & either turn up or turn down my stereo).  My only
>conclusion can be that Jon Astley is now doing work for some of the bootleg
>companies, intent on spreading his vile deeds to all corners of Who audio
>releases.

Heheh.  This might be a joke, but from what other folks say you've pretty
much hit home.  Some fans on alt.music.who with extreme detail consciousness
identified the source of each track, and declared this one a pirate rather
than a bootleg, i.e. it is Astley's re-mastering you hear.  Someone has
apparently assembled the collection from official releases, added some great
packaging and stuck on a cut-throat price.

When it first came out it was selling for $90, and the wonderful thing was
that no one seemed really pissed off, even after they discovered the sources
and the sloppy editing.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if the fans cut Pete that
much slack?

:)
keets