Re: Crazy Gods or Can I get a witness?

>Jeff has already answered, but let me add that not so long ago Pete said
>that Jagger was the first man he was attracted to (something like that)

Actually it was quite a bit more obscene than that, and deftly bleeped to
play on TV.  :)

> > "One Life's Enough for Me" made the whole thing worthwhile.
>
>Keets:
>
>Are you serious, or just instigating because that's the only song Kenney's
>not on?

Well, okay.  "Eminence Front" and "A Man is a Man," too.

Hey, I'm serious.  Most of IT'S HARD sounds half-baked to me, but these
three recording make the whole traumatic post-Moon effort worthwhile.
They're some of the best work The Who ever did.

Also, I think they're sure signs that The Who could follow Pete in the
direction he wanted to go.  So was the problem that fans rejected the new
sound?  EF and OLEFM both lean heavily to jazz, and it was strange to Whofan
ears.  In this same vein, I hope everybody's prepared for what Pete might
write now.  The Manchester "Crossroads Now" featured the same structure as
the orchestral doodlings Pete has been fooling with just recently.  Just
love The Who's interpretation, though.  ;)

keets