Re: Crazy Gods or Can I get a witness?

> said he was being facetious.  As a straight guy i guess i can't see being
> aroused by roger.  And no, i wouldn't give the Who head- even pete.

Kevin Mc:

Jeff has already answered, but let me add that not so long ago Pete said
that Jagger was the first man he was attracted to (something like that), and
my guess is Jeff is thinking along those lines. He is, for the record,
married with a cute daughter and another child on the way. And while I
haven't met her in person, his wife is the sort of woman a guy would be
extremely fortunate to get for a wife.

> complaints, but  one of the ways in which it didn't "really happen
> that way at all", according to John, is that he (John) suggested the
> name.

Alan:

Well, DAMN! If Plant, Page & JAE all claim Keith didn't come up with the
name, who DID claim it...only Keith? Who would believe Keith? He was a
drunk!
There HAS to be more to this...maybe a witness...can I get a witness?

> (which later became led zeppelin of course) he needed a blonde frontman
and
> found robert plant.   this info comes from the vh1 legends documentary on
the
> band.

Gen:

Hey, VH1 MUST be right!

> "One Life's Enough for Me" made the whole thing worthwhile.

Keets:

Are you serious, or just instigating because that's the only song Kenney's
not on?

> For some reason, Plant reminds me of Morrison.  Do you suppose that's what
> Morrison would be like if he had made it through?

His voice had about a third of its usual range on the last album (LA Woman)
and even on a few of the Morrison Hotel tracks. I doubt he'd burnt his voice
out, probably just sang and yelled it out at the time.
But there's no telling about what would have happened to Jim, Jimi and
Janis. I often speculate. Jim might have done the Sinatra/Presley thing and
gone to Las Vegas. I do think he eventually would have been in a movie
and/or play.
I do think Janis would have done Disco. I hate myself for thinking it, but I
do.
Jimi would have probably done some Jazz, lost a lot of popularity, in the
mid-70's come back with a Rock album which was compared unfavorably to the
older material, then sort of continued on like Clapton, hitting and missing
from album to album.

> included Keith, John, Jimmy Page, and Steve Winwood.

Ty:

Winwood, huh? THAT would have been interesting...probably a lot like Blind
Faith but we would have gotten no Blind Faith then.
I doubt it would have lasted long. Keith and John aren't Blues-oriented
performers and Page & Winwood clearly are.

> No doubt Page and Plant would say anything to make themselselves look
> good.

Derick:

I think you're 100% correct. Especially Page.

 In Shel Talmy's notes on his website, Talmy the Producer of 'ICE'
> says officially that Page did notplay on the record. (he may have been at
> the sessions).

According to Townshend, he played rhythm guitar on ICE. And lead on Bald
Headed Woman, which is nothing to be particularly proud of IMHO. The story
goes that Page was to play lead but Pete wouldn't give him his 12 string
Rickenbacker (sp?) to use, so Pete played it.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
           Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML