5 year old audiophile

I've been conducting a little experiment with my 5-year-old.  We have been
listening to 3 different versions of her favorite Who song:  "Boris the
Spider".  She is not going to jump in to defend her observations since she
cannot read or type.

The 3 competing versions are from the Max R&B box set, Blues to the Bush and
BBC Sessions.

Overall, she prefers the BBC Sessions version but stuck her fingers in her
ears when the volume of the cymbal crashes annoyed her.  I assume she is
unhappy with the mastering.  This problem was rectified by turning down the
treble and the volume.

The BTTB version is her least favorite.  She called it "loud".  I sensed she
was unhappy with John's vocal as well as the hard sound quality.

The Max R&B version is in the middle, but she thinks John sounds like he is
holding his nose while singing.

So I guess BBC gets thumbs up because of the superior performance.

There you have it.

Jeff