Re: High notes

>Good point.  I'm thinking this is a pretty good argument for NOT making
>definitive studio versions of new material.  If they write new songs,
>perform them in concert (only) and release the concerts via Eelpie, we
>would get slightly different versions.  And (big bonus) it would prevent
>the irritating gripe that a performance doesn't sound like the studio
>'definitive' version.

I like the studio albums.  They show a side of The Who that's different from
their live presence--which I guess some fans don't much care for--but still
these are very artistic creations.  It gives us a chance to hear The Who
concept of what the music should sound like under controlled circumstances.
Studio albums are a different medium from concert recordings, and since they
can't quite capture the live sound, they go off in other directions instead.

One thing about this, over the years the distance between live and studio
albums has narrowed to the point where it's hard to tell the difference.
There was a time when live albums weren't any better than bootlegs--but I
notice Pete used a mixture of live remix and studio recordings on LIFEHOUSE
ELEMENTS.  I think that Manchester mp3 would be fine to put on a studio
album.

>Disclaimer:  All of the previous material is conjecture.  The author makes
>no claims of special insight.

Heheh.

keets