Re: New Who; Bizzaro World

> ok but why cant roger have a great voice on after the fire???

Scott P:

I guess he CAN, but he doesn't on BTTB. Unfortunately.

> I thought I did make the point that people like "us" would get more
> out of the music than the "handful of unruly sub-teenagers Frank
> [Dunlop of the Young Vic] invited off the street" (quoting Pete) in
> '71 or the "PLAY MAGIC BUS" types.

Jim:

I would hope so. I've spent years studying Rock music and Who music too. I'm
sure that's true to some extent for us all, here, else we wouldn't feel
moved to discuss the band.

> I don't agree with that. In my mind, making a follow-up to Tommy was
> quite important to Pete and the band, hardly a "nothing to lose"
> situation.

I didn't mean it wasn't important, but it wasn't a career make-or-break
whereas anything they do now will be put under the microscope. With the
Lifehouse material (having played a good bit of it live before they even got
to the studio), I'm sure they had a damned good idea what they had. So there
might have been pressure to go beyond Tommy, but it wasn't about the rest of
their lives (which now it is about, or about how they're seen from now
on...now THAT is pressure!).

> OH....MY....GOD!!!!!!  BIZZARO WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin:

Yeah..."Don't take into account how we treat a popular President we've been
out to get using the most sleazy of methods for 9 years, but don't say
anything remotely accurate about us or we'll squeal like spoiled children.
We're smarter and righter than you will EVER be, and don't you forget it!"
Welcome to Bizarro World.

> YYYYYEEEEEESSSSS!

Are you having a Whogasm or what? Should Jeff be recording this for his next
CD collection?

> kevin, i dont even wanna think about that one!!!!  it could mean 10
different
> things...going to bathroom..another bomb like its hard??? mmmmmm

Scott P:

SNOW. We're getting rain here in SC.

> WHAT IS HARD IS MAKING HIM FEEL HARD-pete at maple leaf gardens after its

"Actually it's not hard atall. What's hard is making it feel hard. You don't
understand what I'm saying."

> Please help.  I am questioning my identity:-)

Jeff:

You're a Who freak, and as Scott S said so very well: It's great to be a Who
freak, isn't it?

"My administration will work hard to lay the foundation
  of peace in the Middle-to work with our nations in the
   Middle East, give peace a chance. Secondly, I told him
    that our nation will not try to force peace, that
     we'll facilitate peace and that we will work with
       those responsible for a peace."
               George "Say it again, Sam" Bush

               Cheers                 ML