Re: Let's See Action

>Getting corporate backing will be tough for a band that has been dormant
>for so long.  On the age question, do you consider U2 older or younger?
>What about The Eagles (reportedly in the studio now)?

U2 is getting pretty mature.  They're twenty years into it, right?  I don't
really consider The Eagles on the same level, but I'd think they're in
"comeback" mode.

Seems like there's a cycle for bands.  When they're young and hungry, it's
all uphill to get a fanbase established.  Once they've done that, they can
cruise for maybe ten years.  Get to twenty, though, and their sales are
dropping off.  So that gives them maybe fifteen years before they have to
really look at what they're doing and make some decisions about where to go.
  After that, it's tough to keep up.

>I say they keep MCA out unless/until they have a product.  If they record
>new material in conjunction with a Moon or Lifehouse movie, some
>distribution is assured. Of course they have to DO it first.  Tour on the
>heels of the newly released soundtrack, with sponsorship from the label.

Now that's a thought!  I hadn't considered that they might produce original
music for the soundtrack.  Roger's big advantage in making the movie is the
music, of course, but they could easily take advantage of the opportunity
for a big promotion drive.  Typically big movies make music videos as
trailers these days, at the very least.

>Or write Quad II.  I've been thinking about this one.  Should Quad II be
>Jimmy just after Quad I as a newly enlightened young adult?  Jimmy as a
>parent (story from his perspective) with a teenage Jimmy Jr. getting into
>the neo-Mod or punk movements of the 80s?  The flipside of Quad I told from
>the perspective of Jimmy's parents?  Hmmmm Could we see some other
>perspectives in the stage production?

I think these rock opera are all about Pete.  He just changes the name of
the protagonist to confuse the innocent.  ;)

I like hearing the story continue, though.  It's like the narrative of
everybody's life--with some interesting pespectives on the music
businessthrown in.

keets