Re: Not too much for the Magic Bus; I'm (not) free; Tap into The Who; New Orleans tree

> Does anyone know about the Magic Bus import that came out last July?  It's
> on Buy.com for $12.95, and the label is listed as PID...is this Polydoor?

Jon:

Just get it, at that price how can you lose?

> Don't look now, but this philosophy is catching on.  What, have we all
been
> thrown back in time 30 years????

Jeff:

Defintely. Steel Mills closing, a deceptive tax cut (48 cents a person will
"rescue" the economy), high unemployment, a new Bush recession...it's the
past all right.

> Cassette tapes have their own built in hiss as well, unless one has a DBX

I forgot to mention that cassettes were also compressed, even more than
albums because they can only handle 35 dbs.

> But Mark, where would Democrats be without the tax-exempt political
activity

In a better place, if you ask me (see, if I believe something it applies to
all). And isn't that what Pete was saying with I'm Free? One of the things,
I mean. That's how I read it, as the moneylenders and sellers were thrown
out of the temple in the New Testament, and "Messiahs pointed to the door"
as Townshend saying that the established religions are so corrupt at this
point that you're better off on your own, with a one-on-one relationship
with the Big G. Leave the established religions and seek your own spiritual
enlightenment. And so I personally believe as well. So the Dead Sea Scrolls
reportedly said (although curiously they've been surpressed by the Catholic
Church).
PS: I'm definitely not a Democrat. Never have been.

> obWho:  Some people just don't want to admit that the
> writers of "This Is Spinal Tap" (McKean, Guest,
> Shearer, and Reiner) didn't directly/obviously
> reference The Who at any point in the movie.

Ryan:

If Rock And Roll Creation isn't a hit on The Who, I don't know what is...it
even has the WGFA synth piece in it.

> Last week "Quad"/Dave wrote:
> "The Brussles Forest Nationale' 72' recording is rather
> superb if you can find a good gen. I got mine from the
> original taper yonks ago and will at somepoint tree
> this out somewhere...

If this is true, I volunteer my services in any way. I can make CD copies, I
can upgrade the sound if needed. Jeff here can attest to my skills in this
arena, and I'll be more than happy to submit samples for your consideration.
And, if it needs to be said, my main drive is the preservation of historic
Who material.

    "Ann and I will carry out this equivocal message
      to the world: Markets must be open."
       George "Everything's news to me" Bush

               Cheers                 ML