Kenney vs Zak

I've been listening to two recordings of "Naked Eye" back to back.  The
dates in question are Oakland '82 and Denver '00.  I gotta agree with Roger
on the Kenney vs Zak question.

Kenney rolls where he should fill.  His rolls are nearly mechanical in their
precision.  His fills are just too damn straightforward.  With apologies to
Schrade, I'll try to textize a typical Kenny fill - <dootle dootle dootlte
dit dit>  That Faces R&B stuff just does not fly in The Who.  Sorry.

Zak fills and almost never does a simple roll.  <boom dittle boom dit boom
boomble dat doot>  He keeps it asymetrical and interesting.

Sorry Kenney, Roger had every right to boff Mrs Jones and boot you out of
the band.  Take your medicine, play the Marriott show with Roger  and bow at
Zak's feet.  He's the master, you are a farmer.

Jeff