RE: Rumors . Tix for Central Park

>The Central Park concerts are by no means a free for all anymore. I saw
>Sheryl Crowe 2 summers ago and Sting last summer in the park and you have
>to get a bracelet to get in. They hand them out around NYC...but the thing
>is the limit the # of bracelets. For Sheryl Crowe and Sting it was around
>25,000. So the moral of the story is that if The Who are indeed playing in
>the park there won't be 400,000 people there.

How far ahead of time do they hand the bracelets out?  Sounds like you'd
almost have to live there and know somebody who's going to have them before
you'd be sure to get in.  Are there tons of fans lurking around the edges to

hear the music?  Do they arrest you for loitering?  Do you get mugged,
maybe?  Sounds pretty chancey.

keets

Basically you have to live in NYC , or know someone who does to get the
tickets. For Sheryl Crowe American Express had crews at a few locations
throughout the city handing out these game cards. If you had the right ones
they gave you 2 tickets. The people who worked for AmEx are college kids
temp working for AM Ex so they didn't care how many tickets you took.
I do have to say it was a very cool vibe...Everyone was respectful and I had
a great time.
People hang out on the outside of the fenced in area designated for the show
to just hear some tunes but there weren't too many.
All in all it would be great to see the Boys in the Park ...

Kevin