Re:

>Notice that
> Kenney's drums sound like Don Henley's???  The drums don't resonate, they
> just kind of softly thump.  Yuk.  Could you imagine that kind of sound
> coming from Keith????  Never.

Joe McMichael stopped by the other day to watch the 30 Years DVD and that
subject came up.  We agreed that Bill Mxyztptlk's Eagles-like production
caused a lot of the sound problems on Face Dances (and Kenney did hate the
way his drums sounded on that album).  However, Joe pointed out something
I'd never noticed in the 1979 rehearsal segment.  Kenney keeps his cymbals
and drum skins very tight so that they have little sustain.  With Keith
you'd get great rumbling washes of sound (brummmp - woosh) with Kenney it's
all short staccato bursts (bump - bump - bap -tish).  It's very different
from Keith's.

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm