No Subject

>I'd like to hear them rework some of the FACE DANCES songs live with Zak on

>drums.  A couple of them are really great songs, and deserve some exposure.

>I would definitely like to hear them go back to something more like the
live
>version of "How Can You Do It Alone?"  Didn't like the way the studio
>version turned out at all.
>

>keets

Right on Keets.  As weak in comparison to other Who albums, there are a few
great songs on Face Dances.  The simple element missing from FD is -
TEETH!!!  HCYDIA is one of my favs off of that album as is Daily Record,
Don't Let Go t/Coat, Quiet One, Another Tricky Day, but the rest I guess I
listen to out of devotion to the lads.  Funny, when you listen to the
concert boots of the same period, the teeth is in the live stuff and
Kenney's drums don't sound so... so... well, wimpy.  I LOVE the Sister Disco
from Kampachea and that period stuff.  The only explaination I can come up
with is Bill Szzzzmmanknalaakaiakalalakkaissski's production.  Notice that
Kenney's drums sound like Don Henley's???  The drums don't resonate, they
just kind of softly thump.  Yuk.  Could you imagine that kind of sound
coming from Keith????  Never.  He's a fine producer (even though I loathe
the Eagles) but he just wasn't right for "four horrible geezers who make the
worst noise you've ever heard in your life."

And YEAH! - I think Zak would wail on Quiet One.  I never liked YBYB; I kind
of rank it up there with the Stone's Harlem Shuffel - pop/crap.  But with
Zak, it roars for the first time.  I think Keets hits it on the head - with
Zak reworking this stuff it would take on new life.

Have a great weekend kids, and be all right.

Jim in Colo Springs

"...could you get on with it?  Could you... keep it together?"  Keith