Re: New Quad and worst concert

>     2 words... Don't bother!

Just as an FYI, the original "non-remixed" version of the Quad soundtrack
sounds absolutely great. So if you want to own it, try to find the original
used. It doesn't include the non-Who tracks and does have the fade-out
version of I'm The Face (the remixed version which also appears on O&S).

> aren't the masters. On The Real Me, you can here the re-recorded bass over
> the original!!!

It always was. The basic tracks are the originals, with Entwistle
rerecording his part and perhaps adding a flute in places. The line the
label gave at the time about the band recording new version is bullshit.

> matter, *any* correctness). :-) It's about the hard & tough life,
> adolescence, and that includes political incorrectness.

Bjorn:

You tell `em! Quad was the most real life Rock album ever recorded. PC is a
myth, a goal perhaps, but not reality.

> "Joe produced a very striking and original dramatic treatment for the
major
> part of the story. With a few clever strokes he solved many of the
> structural and dramatic problems of staging this work."

Jeff:

I'd like to see exactly what dramatic and staging problems taking out
Lesbians and Queers created. What, did he think he needed L&Q dancers for
that scene. "If you complain you disappear, twist and bow, just like the
lesbians and queers, turn and wiggle your asses at the audience." Or perhaps
it should be "arses."

> "...we knew with absolute certainty that Joe's 'Cappuccino Kid' version
> was going to work."

Yeah, work like an enima.

> complete script. It is excellent. I am really excited now that we have a
> solid theatrical foundation for Quadrophenia.

Up next: Pete performs Oops I Did It Again.

Worst concert experience:

Yes 1974. The last LP released: Yessongs, which is what we expected to get.
They came onstage, said: "This is
the first side of our new album, which will be released next month."
Followed by a 20+ minute song. "This is side two" Another 20+ minute song.
"This is side THREE." Yet another 20+ minute BORING AS HELL song, and guess
what? They played side four too. And that what it, except for Roundabout as
an encore...however, by that time I wanted my $4.50 back and (as I like to
tell people) they could have given me oral sex and I still would have hated
the show.
Which I guess is another way of saying they SUCKED!

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
   believe and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
            George "My IQ is 91" Bush

               Cheers                 ML