RE: Who story / encounter

>From: thewho rocks <leb905@yahoo.com>
>Subject: interesting encounter
>
>Heard a great story today from a guy who's a ranger at Cumberland Gap
>National Historic Park.

In this same theme of "Who encounters", I heard a great thing last evening.
We had some work friends of my wife's over last night for a bit of bar-b-q
and beers.  Of course a who CD (Filmore East '68) found it's way in the 5cd
changer (hey, Tania had *2* Cake cd's!  New album kicks ass! Listen to New
Religion.).  After I got my wife's friend's husband out from inbetween the
speakers trying to hear the who banter (to my wife's total
embarrassment).................Ok, ok, That parts NOT TRUE!!! Baahahahah!
BUT, after the little 3yr old was finished getting everyone to pogo to
Little Billy (you should have seen it, we were having a blast, and little
Kayla was going NUTS!.....20 years from now she'll hear that song somewhere
and have the biggest de ja vou (sp?)), my wife's friend's husband (30 yrs
old who is only a very casual fan of The Who) stated: "of all the bands that
are out there, and particularly those that are still out there (implying
older bands), I think The Who is the only one that really still has
relevance.
Way more so than a band like The RS ever had.  They seem to have an army of
fans who are following their mission, and the band seems to keep pushing
music and rock to new hights."

I was dumbfounded.
And then I hugged him (2nd time I met him).

Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe he just wanted another beer.

Go Lance!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin in VT