Re: Bjørn and Lyrics

At 14:10 18-7-01 -0300, you wrote:
>Although I see myself as a huge Who fan, I see no evil in Pete's attempt
>to "change" lyrics/conceps for a Quad play. I mean, we all have the
>original one, don't we? And that's somehow an output for new writing from
>him. When "Tommy" became a Brodway act (and that was the closest Who show
>in Brazil!), or a film, or a piece for London Orchestra, there were some
>deep changes in concepts, lyrics, even new songs were added... And Bjørn,
>I guess you'll be luckyer (does this word really exist? sorry 'bout my
>english, fellas) than me: you'll be able to watch it live, while I'll have
>to satisfy myself with recordings, MP3 or videos...

Well, I've never seen them perform in my own country either... But that
aside... Maybe you're right. Maybe it's nice to have several different Quad
stories/perspectives (like Tommy has)?
But like many, Quad has more meaning to me (especially right now, I'm 21
and trying to be 'different'). It has touched me. Tommy was kinda more
meant to be 'blown up' out of proportions (it was a mega-commercial
success). But Quad was different. It's a masterpiece capturing the hard
life (of youth?). How about the film then? I see the film actually as
something completely different then the album. It's almost like the album
captures a different story. But the film is great in it's own way (not my
favorite though).
Do I make sense here?

When the musical comes out in London, I'm probably off to see it (wondering
if people cheer and shout at musicals, and if getting front row tickets is
just as hard as at concerts). Does anyone know how it goes at the West End?

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"