Re: Pete's testimonial

>Then in the mid-90's I remember Pete saying in an interview that he *was*
>drinking again partly because he didn't want his son to grow up with a
>father who didn't have a soul.  Really.  A friend of mine at the time who
>was in AA found this remark re-pugnant.  He even went so far as to tell his
>"group" about it.  So, I don't think Pete
is a any kind of a hero within the AA community.

Seems like I recall someone describing this event as Pete "falling off the
wagon" i.e. a relapse into alcoholism.  Didn't he say something later about
thinking he would be okay to drink a little, but it soon got out of hand
again?

I don't know squat about alcoholism, as I'm not prone to it, but how much of
it depends on the circumstances of use?  Would Pete tend to get into trouble
through social drinking at a party?  Drinking on tour?  After a fight with
his wife?  Can alcoholics drink at all without starting the urge for more?

Normally white Europeans have good capacity to European-made spirits, but I
recall reading that Native Americans, for instance, have different receptors
in the brain--and there was something about their reaction to it.  Um,
something about inability to achieve a state of happiness, or something like
that?

keets