Re: Nuggets II; money for nothing

> If it is half as good as N1 I'll probably get it.

Bruce:

You're safe there. And a Who fan will be especially interested, because
while the History Of British Rock CDs are great, they are mostly the
Beatles-influenced material...whereas this stuff seems to be more
Who-influenced. And it's definitely mostly Mod.

> I wonder if a 70s Nuggets set is in the works.

They DO mention a N III in the book.

> I saw him in '97 and was amazed that he still could
> put on the show he does.  About the only consession
> to age is that he doesn't do the splits anymore.

Well, I guessed that much.

> played it or not.  It's a 2-2.5 hour show.  The only hokey
> thing was about half way through some guy comes
> out and does a magic act. :)

Hey, I made it through the cheesy cheerleader thing the Beach Boys had when
I saw them (late 80's).

> if I should know.  As far as that goes, you can write me with
> evidence that GWB Jr. is an evil racist, too.

Alan:

I want this info as well, should anyone have it. Hell, that's worth making a
website for. Of course, that he's evil is a given...

> The whole notion that The Who's music is any more morally correct than any
> other is ridiculous.

Jeff:

Who gets to decide my morals anyway? Who's to say The Who aren't completely
and utterly morally correct? THAT is what a Micropublican would do.

> One interesting point that the letter under discussion suggested is that
The
> Who makes music for white guys, like Wagner for the Third Reicht or

Keets:

I'd say Kiss is more in this catagory. Pete's songs are too sensitive to be
just for white males.

> I think it was more a fit of pique, and playing to a crowd, than a
reasoned
> assessment.

Alan:

You believe what you want to believe, but you don't have to live like a
refugee (unless you've lost your job due to the Bush economy). I think Pete
was certainly angry, but even if using a rushed judgement he was very
perceptive in that judgement...as someone "entitled," Bush and his people
didn't consider ownership of someone's intellectual property but instead
just used what they wanted to, and in the wrong context as well (but that
reflects their lack of intelligence more than the lack of integrity in using
the song in the first place).

> But corporate profits are down.  Doesn't that warm your heart?

No. I don't want the economy to suffer on any level, as it does whenever a
Micropublican is elected Prez (at least in the last 40 years).

> Gas prices are down an average of 24 cents/gallon, too.  No, wait, let me
> guess.  GWB has cleverly stopped taking care of his buddies in the oil
> bidness temporarily just to let the unwelcome scrutiny die down.  Right?

No, they can no longer use gasoline prices to "persuade" the public its in
their best (if extremely short term) interests to give over the Alaska
drilling rights (seems it's a dead issue now that Jeffords followed his
conscience). The link does exist, however...a quick glance at who was the
major contributor to the Bush/Cheney campaign makes that obvious, and they
weren't spending that money for no reason...not in THIS universe, they
weren't!

"The power that be, well most of the
    power that be, sits right here."
 George "Da-beed da-beed that's all folks!" Bush

               Cheers                 ML