Re: Moon biopic

Thanks for the link, keets.  That's a pretty fair review of  "Man on the
Moon".

keets  "I think Roger has said he wants the movie to be about Moon as a
person, and about the music.  Do you think these are conflicting goals?"

Not really.  You have to make something the central theme.  Character has
got to be the primary focus with music as a sub theme.  You can't paint a
picture of Moon without delving into his music, but drama is only
interesting (to me) when it is about characters and/or story.  If you
delve too deeply into the music you have art about art.  Not my favorite
theme.

Of course if it I don't like it, it would probably be very popular :-)

I thought I read something about Roger suggesting that it might be best
to do a day-in-the-life kind of thing rather than trying to cover his
entire life in 2 hours.  Maybe my memory is dim.

They have many conflicting goals to contend with here that make it a
delicate project.
- Honoring his genius as a musician
- respecting him as a human, and not making him out to be a simple clown
- making money for TED and the Moon estate
- promoting The Who brand name
- making something entertaining, fun, real and moving
- give it that all-important 'Just say no to drugs' stance

Do they need to do all these things?  Is it possible?

Personally, I would just like to see a big hit movie to the The Who's
music mondo exposure.  For that they need a big name director and a big
name star.  Who is Jason Schwartzman anyway?

Jeff