La Jolla info

Hi,

Check out http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/

Their site says:

---
Pete Townshend’s official website states that “Pete has agreed in principle to
perform [this spring] for the new building programme at La Jolla Playhouse.
This famous theatre was where in 1992 Des McAnuff produced the first version
of the theatrical ‘Tommy’ that went on to take Broadway by storm in 1993.”

According to McAnuff, the Playhouse’s Interim Artistic Director and a personal
friend of Townshend, “Yes, we are in discussions with Pete and would love for
him to come to the Playhouse this spring to perform at a benefit for our new
building program.”

When dates are confirmed, the Playhouse will provide more information,
including ticket prices.  There will be a priority purchase period for La Jolla
Playhouse subscribers and donors, before tickets go on sale to the general
public.  Pete Townshend and Des McAnuff  collaborated at La Jolla Playhouse
on “The Who’s Tommy” in 1992.  McAnuff directed the production at the
Playhouse and on Broadway, Townshend composed the score, and McAnuff
and Townshend co-wrote the book.  McAnuff’s direction won the Tony Award on
Broadway and the Olivier Award in London.
---

So it might not be April, but later... And http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/
would be the right site to check for ticket information... I gotta become a
subscriber or donor (damnit). Is anyone out here a donor or subscriber from
La Jolla?

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar