Today's diary

PT said:  "I do feel gently forced into reliance on what only I can do -
that is, to perform live, and to constantly produce new work."

Now that is music to MY ears.

PT then said:  "My reality is that because of the certain knowledge
(gathered in the main from the internet) that people want to hear my
music, I am writing today. I run a web site. I give away some of my
music. If it is packaged well I sell it. I was armed with information
gathered from the internet when I approached last year's Who touring
work. I was certain we would sell out wherever we played, and barring the
loss of a ticket here or there, we sold out. (How nice for BMI)."

Now this is really interesting.  How could Pete gain certain knowledge of
a sellout tour (at fairly high prices) simply by surfing the 'net?  Even
if you visit mail lists, bulletin boards, and chat rooms you are only
seeing the thoughts of a relatively small number of people.  Where did he
get this information?  Did he also take ticket sales for other acts into
consideration or is he simply talking about demand for The Who?

Jeff