Re: Today's diary

>Now this is really interesting.  How could Pete gain certain knowledge of a
>sellout tour (at fairly high prices) simply by surfing the 'net?  Even if
>you visit mail lists, bulletin boards, and chat rooms you are only seeing
>the thoughts of a relatively small number of people.  Where did he get this
>information?  Did he also take ticket sales for other acts into
>consideration or is he simply talking about demand for The Who?

Hard to say.  I guess one could make a scientific calculation, say if
oddsandsods and igtc make up .15 percent of Who fandom, then I can sell 15K
tickets in any major city on a tour.  But Pete is famous for having a feel
for popular culture and collective conciousness.  Likely he can surf the net
and come up with certainties about Who presence that we have no idea about.

Interestingly, Roger suggested the contrary in his football interview,
something to the effect that when they went out on tour these days they
always thought nobody would come, but somehow they always did.  Maybe Pete's
only completely certain after the fact.

keets