Why is this not a surprise?

OK, I've had 24 hrs to digest the Grammy's. Explains
why ass is sore. Like eating bad Mexican food.

There were highlights, John Stewart ragging the
"establishment" every chance he got. Not always funny,
but points well taken. All I have to say to John is
duck next time you see Puffy. John will never do that
gig again, and that's probably a relief to him.

Moby was pretty good, very inspired performance. I
have heard so much about him, it's the first I've
actually seen or heard. I was impressed. Maybe I
should pay more attention to Mojo and Q. U2 was OK,
I've been sour on them for a while. My wife got
tickets for the upcoming tour, I've been trying to get
out of going, but I may need to reconsider. I wasn't
overwhelmed, mind you, but they seem to have reverted
back to their older sound. That may be due to Mssrs.
Eno and Lanois. I like the first efforts they
produced, Unforgettable Fire was my fave by them. Have
Eno and Lanois been producing all along?

I hate country, but Faith Hill was pretty good. I
don't HAte"hate" country, but I'm not a fan. That's
the wife's gig.

I was VERY disappointed in the Who award effort, or
for that matter, in the effort to recognize all ot the
Lifetime Acheivement winners. Let's give Britney No
Talent  45 minutes, "oh and the Who won something or
other, now a big hand for Dr. Dre. All the Grammy's
are is a popularity contest. Quite frankly,
teenybopper music isn't worth mentioning. It's been
poor over the course of most generations, but is
riding an all time low now. Serious musicians, those
who are always pushing the envelope never get the wide
recognition. I've come to accept that, and perhaps
it's better that way. Those who truly enjoy, decipher,
collect, devour,...music appreciate the real pioneers
and talent. We don't necessarily like it all, but we
appreciate its place in the course of progression.

I would have preferred if the Who had said "Thanks,
but no thanks". That would be the ultimate statement
against the industry. I would have the utmost respect
for any artist who could stand up and shoot down the
grandstanding of the self serving music indusrty
big-wigs. They define the word greed and encompass
everything that ethically wrong in this world.

Enough on my rant. Congrats to the boys, they deserve
any and all recognition that comes their way, but they
would be just fine with out it. We know where they
belong in history, and in our hearts. We enjoy their
presence, adore them when we can, and appreciate every
opportunity we gert to hear or see them. I honestly
feel that for them, that is all that matters, and it
is enough.

Jeff