Elton John and a Yoohoo

>Gracefully?!?!?!? Elton hasn't done anything worthwile since Rock Of The
>Westies in 1975

Keets:

Uh...you LIKED that album?

>for its intended audience.  It beats the hell out of "Iron Man" - IMHO.

Jeff:

Maybe Disney music is OK for kids, and maybe Elton John fits right in
there...but Pete has no business doing Disney at all and Iron Man has songs
better than any Disney movie, a few anyway. It's not really fair to compare
Pete's worst; how about Psychoderelict or White City? Kicks the Lion King's
ass!

>This brings me back to a discussion we had a little while ago.  Will TED
try
>to make their new music more accessible to the masses?

Let's hope not. It would only tend to highlight that they are an old band,
like the Stones when they try to do something modern. Unless they do that
Who Are You gateway sort of thing or something equally different.

I just hope they don't get Don Was as a producer or something like that.
Hey, I have an idea! Maybe they should get Shel Talmy, make a deal for the
MG master tapes....hmmmmm.......

> Would Pete like to
>receive the kind of attention and popularity that U2 is enjoying right now?

U-Who? Is that what you mean?

          "There's no such thing as legacies. At least,
                  there is a legacy, but I'll never see it."
                                George "I'll be in the gym" Bush