Re: "Don't bother with the local girls;" Did you ever see the faces of the Who fans they get so excited...

> She was from out of town.

Jeff:

Funny that; my wife was from out of town too (Maryland). A tourist I picked
up, and she decided to stay. That was 26 years ago. She does like The Who,
not enough to be what I'd call a fan, but her thing is movies as much as
mine is music.
Remember what Graham Parker said: "Don't bother with the local girls."

> "Those were NOT the days."

AEB:

Life is not perfect. But the key is to learn from it.

> Here's an item that indicates some of the current interest in The Who.  I
> understand there's a High Numbers single on eBay with the bid at $1200.

Keets:

That would be something to be careful about. If it's on the Backdoor label,
it's a reissue and not worth nearly $1200. I have that one myself.

> ObWho:  Just got Scoop 3.  I'm behind the times.

Alan:

Don't feel bad; I have to wait until Christmas for that, the Quad & Royal
Albert Hall DVDs, and the NYC concert (although I've managed to get a burned
copy of the second disc) because "it's Christmas and some people want to be
able to give you something for gifts." Blah blah blah. Whatever.

"Gore carried Florida by anywhere
       from 15,000 to 45,000 votes."
              Washington Post

               Cheers                 ML