Re: New Who ?

> No, no!  Really I'm serious!!!  The man never makes any sense.  :)  For
> example, here's "Baba."

<snip>

> Okay, so this is pretty much a total loss.  I've got a farmer and a woman,
> and they're going on a journey south through a land of wasted teenagers.
> Yeah, right.  Great song.  ;)

Obviously you've been drinking.  But that's OK.  Wine, right?  A Cabernet
Sauvignon.......1999?  Am I close?

Why are you demanding a concrete, easy-to-understand storyline from "Baba
O'Riley?"  Why neuter the song with obvious meaning?  Besides, Pete's early
"story" songs can give you that.

You see, Pete isn't one-dimensional.  Therfore, besides the "story" songs we
also get esoteric, allegorical pieces with almost dream-like imagery.

But Pete isn't even two-dimensional!  So besides the "story" songs, besides
the "allegorical" songs we also get the I'm-Pete-Townshend-and-I've-got-
somthing-to-say,-dammit! songs.  These are the "rant" songs.

And there are more but it'd be impossible to try & describe them all.

So judge each song accordingly & never, EVER look for concrete meaning
& intention.  True art steers far clear of those buggers!

- SCHRADE in Akron