RE: New Who ?

> >Both parents are away from their kids more, and have less in common with
>them than ever.
>
>That's a lack of interest, not a result of being away from the kids. Kids
>understand that you have to work to survive.

They understand intellectually, but that doesn't take away the pain.
Somebody or other did a survey of the Boomers and found that they
(especially the men) did feel abandoned by their fathers.  The dads felt
they had worked hard to make a great home and provide for their families,
and sure enough, the Boomers and their parents are the most prosperous
generations ever, but the kids would much rather have had more of their
dads.  Then the Boomer moms went out and did that same thing, so their kids
have been abandoned by both parents.

>It's the fact that the parents get upset that causes the gap.  Marilyn
>Manson is no different then Alice Cooper.  It's all entertainment.  I'm
>transfixed to the tube when I see a MM video.  It's wild and bizarre.  It's
>not the devil or Satan, or something that has any ability what so ever to
>change your little loved one.  Folk need to chill.  It's just wild and
>crazy, and obviously not main stream suit and tie and going to the office.

For most kids it's entertainment, maybe, but what if they can't tell fantasy
from reality?  I'd suspect it does affect the borderline head cases.

>I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think the main reason is the fear of
>hurting The Who's reputation.  I'd be petrified.  A new album will
>automatically be controversial.  Hell, everyone is already saying "old
>rockers go home!".  So, it better be damn good, or it's gonna get shelled.

According to Brian, it's gonna get shelled anyhow, because The Who weren't
punk when they were supposed to be.  That's okay.  Just build in a few
ironies about the critics.  Nothing like being immortalized in Pete's songs.
    ;)

keets