MSG refunds New Wave/Alternative

I spoke with a nice lady from TM last night.  She told me that tickets for
ALL MSG shows are fully refundable at point of purchase.  If you overbought
or are otherwise holding tickets you don't need, you can recoup the entire
purchase price less the "convenience charge".  I am guessing that these
shows may see some empty seats.  I like the thought that SFX might lose a
little money here.

Kevin, Mark L, Keets et al
I do not disagree with any of your postings about Pete incorporating vairous
styles in his writing during the "new wave" phase of pop history.  I do have
a problem with the use of this term to refer to any particular musical
style.  "New wave" was a term that referred to youth pop culture at a
particular point in time - the 80s.  A bit like "alternative" came to be
used in the 90s.  I passed through puberty during the NW time, and being a
contrary sort of person, I found the label to be distasteful.  I defy you to
include or exclude these artists in the wave, if you include them all you
will find great dissimilarity in their musical styles:
The Doors (prominence of keyboards and pretentions to art), Velvet
Underground (see Doors), Roxy Music (See Velvet Underground), Bowie (Ziggy
Stardust to Lets Dance), Police (punk, reggae or pop?), Elvis Costello, U2
(Bono's 80s hair and Unforgettable Fire), Talking Heads, Go Gos , B52s, The
Clash (Sandinista & Combat Rock), Beck

I submit to you, the jury, that these artists represent attempts to combine
previous forms of music into something their own.  This is what The Who (all
all good rock) has done and will continue to do.  The exhaustion of the rock
genre comes when artists can't get passionate about continuing to combine
previous styles together because they are either too bored, drunk, tired,
stoned, or old to get fired up about it any more.  I think this is what
happened to Pete in the 80s.

"New Wave" does not deserve to be a sub-genre of rock, but I do feel that
Pete's writing of the New Wave period was influenced by music that was
current.

Ahhh, good coffee
Jeff