New Aging gracefully; "Take On Me;" Grunge; Lifehouse boxed set

 > Are they related?

Keets:

No. New Age was so-named because of the "religion" it coincided with. New
Age people listen to a lot of atmospheric sort of stuff, and this fits.

back to the sixties).  Are these guys defined as "acid jazz" by any chance?

Acid Jazz is something which came out of House And Acid music, which has now
pretty much become Techno.

> BTW Mark, you wouldn't have any a-ha cds in stock, would you?

Not at the moment, but I'll see what I can find for you.

> One of the stupidest political blunders I've ever seen.

Kevin:

Stay tuned. The best is yet to come.

> It was almost like they were making fun of punk (through humor

Punk and humor are now linked completely. Check out the various artist album
Show And Tell, or Less Than Jake's Greased.

> I wondered how long it would be before I was asked about the Rolling
Stones/John Mayall connection.

Mick:

Not long with a smartass like me on the list.

>I was with you until this point.  I have to give the "grunge" phase it's
due
>respect.  Here was a rock "movement" (don't say it;).  A social rebellion
>voiced through music.

But it created nothing new. Nothing that didn't exist before it, including
the rebellion. And that's what I meant. Nothing new in Rock = Rock is dead.

>not have been "different", but the whole mood was.

I wouldn't say that. The Grunge movement centered on personal discontent. In
that, it's sort of whiney. After all, Kurt Cobain is the "hero" of a
generation because he was so discontent he took his own life. It's the
ultimate expression of self indulgence, and that pretty much defined Grunge.
Don't get me wrong...there are several Grunge bands I like. But personal
discontent has been around in music forever. After all, Tattoo? What was
that all about?

>What was that rebellion about?  Oh yeah, high unemployment, crappy economy,
>homeless everywhere.

All solved by the 1992 presidential election. Are you saying that the reason
Grunge got soft is the Clinton election? Damn...OK, so there is ONE
negative...

>So, both major Rock movements have been under Republican administrations.

It ain't worth it. The 92% of us who are making less than $200,000 a year
have to suffer. Besides, Rock is dead.

>I've often thought that too, but would have to add Young Man Blues

Didn't include that because they didn't write it.

>answer was "big hair, bubble gum, The Bangles, loud clothes with many
pastel
>colors, Devo...      I yelled WHAT?? Bite your tongue!!!!

Scott:

Devo WAS a New Wave band, albeit a Pop one. The Bangles were not. One other
definition (of sorts) might be that Punk was guitar-oriented, and chord
oriented...while New Wave was more keyboard oriented.

I have a request: Someone wants me to get them a Lifehouse boxed set from
the show, but I am not sure how much they are there (in US money, please).
If someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. I also still have an
available Atlanta 9/28 ticket ($80) Section 117 Row W Seat 8. Please contact
me privately if you're interested. Thanks.

"RATS."
    George W Bush, boy genius, Presidential candidate 2000

        Cheers                 ML