Re: guitar harmonics

> "Live At Leeds" is practically ground
> zero for harmonics-as-art guitar playing. The huge
> volume that the band played with in those days
> probably created harmonics on top of harmonics!

A ha!  That's where the WHO onslaught comes from!  Sometimes
I have to remind myself that it's only three instruments producing
all that wonderful, primal noise.

So why don't other bands seem to reach that plateau?  Why do
*they* sound so "thin?"  Why are The WHO so huge?  I mean,
I've got versions of "Young Man Blues" from the late '60's where
you'd swear other dimensions were being opened up right there
on stage!  Shades of LIFEHOUSE!  How were The WHO able
to tap that power?

- SCHRADE in Akron