Pete site MP3's and bass!

All this talk about the MP3's from Pete's site got me
to tinkering with them. One of the quirks I had with
the MP3s was the lack of bass response - all of those
low and mid low frequencies missing from the songs. I
happen to work in an audio engineering facility, so I
ran everything thru an audio exciter (which sort of
adds frequencies that aren't really there - kind of a
no-no in the pro audio world but ya know) and added as
much low end as I could without blowing it out. It
really is nice to hear more of John and to hear more
OOMPH in Pete's guitar tone, and more thump in the
drums. I may tinker some more to see what other things
can be done. Anyway if anyone needs CDRs of this I
will gladly set up a trade. As someone else posted, if
you add these tracks to the BTTB stuff you get one
helluva live album.
                                        -LW