The, Oh So Wonderful, OX !!!

Question on The OX.

Toward the end of  his 5:15 solo at Cleveland (outrageous), John did this
twisting of something near the keys of his base to tune down and up the
sound of his instrument.
Were they just the keys, or some other gadget I don't know of???
Did he do this in Atlanta, or Tampa, or West Palm, or on the Second Leg
too??

Also,
If you think the OX can't get animated.................................
During this part of "tuning up and down" John looking right into the big
screen cameras, with head kind of tilted down and looking out of the tops of
his eyes with brows way raised (does that description translate?).  As he
was doing this, he was waking right toward the camera.
The effect (don't know why I chose that moment to look at the screen) was a
mischievous John getting bigger and Bigger, and BIGGER in the screen while
he was staring right at the audience (via the screen).  This was accompanied
by the sound of his base being tuned up and down and up and down and up and
down.

Was the best "OX moment" I can ever remember.
My response?  Pure laughter!

I'd love to see a good 'ol fashioned "duel" between him and Pete, touching
into pieces of past songs, etc.
Oh, the possibilities.......

Kevin in VT.