Live 2000 tour material

>Do you mean the BLUES TO THE BUSH album?

Keets:

Yeah. It's great, but the performance I saw in Atlanta was MUCH better. Pete
was (as I've been saying lately) as good as Clapton on heroin, whereas on
BTTB he's merely impressively good.
The same was true of the QUAD tour; MSG (I saw the second night) was
fantastic, but Raleigh the following summer (after they'd toured it for a
year) was far superior performance-wise. If I had the choice, I'd take the
later performance. Even without the participation of Phil Daniels, which I
really liked about MSG.

>Didn't the Cleveland station broadcast the whole show?  I haven't heard
that
>anybody recorded it, though.

I don't know, but if such a show exists I'd love to have a copy.

>shows, they burned 'em all in a big bonfire & recorded the two Leeds
concerts
>for the live album.  Some material survived the flames, I guess.

Scott:

I've never heard that, but instead it was Fillmore East that was burned
(although either a copy survived or it never happened).
Then again, the story goes that Brian Wilson burned the Fire tapes (from
Smile) and they wouldn't burn (obviously they weren't destroyed). I don't
know about you, but I've never seen any tape that wouldn't burn...

>Yes, the Amsterdam show is quite good.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Amsterdam, because it was
the first Tommy live boot I heard.

>off on Pete's guitar sound from this period, this boot's for you!

I also love the bass taking the piano part for You Didn't Hear It.

>I'd feel weird calling the guy & asking for a copy, even though I know him
>somewhat......oh hell maybe I'll call him!  Man, that would be nice to
have!

Scott:

Please do, and remember your friends when you get it!

"Maybe I missed something here..."
      George W. Bush, in a moment of clarity

        Cheers                 ML