Pure Pop for now people

>By the time you get up to "I Can See for Miles" and "I Can't Explain,"
>The Who were developing their distinctive hard rock sound, which I
>don't think really qualifies as pop--plus

LB:

The first album is almost all hard Rock (as hard as it got at the time),
it's certainly Rock not Pop at any rate. So they had the hard sound right
away.
IF you were going to have a Pop tour, you'd have to take a song here and
there from their career...it'd be a short set, too, but You Better You Bet
would have to be in there too.
And Daltrey's voice is no longer in shape for Pop.

>An all-pop Who tour (Meaty Beaty 2001?) would be boring.

Jeff:

You make an interesting point, as a side issue. Every tour since they broke
up has been based on one of their big albums...Tommy, Quadrophenia, and
latest Who's Next/Lifehouse. That's it for the project ones, so without a
new album where are they going to take the proposed 2002 tour? It's
something to think about.

>output "pop" art (as opposed to "classical," maybe?), while I tend to

Keets:

Pop in this sense isn't the same as Pop music, even though both are both
based on the word "popular." Pop Art is considered very much of its time and
reflects some aspect or aspects of modern culture, whereas Pop music is
simply very bright and happy music. The stuff you whistle when you walk down
the street. Squeeze was a Pop band, for instance. But then, so is Michael
Bolton...

       "I don't care if I wanted it in Texas, I DON'T in Florida!
             And what I want is all that matters here!"
                          Buzz "Duh-Bya" Lightyear