It depends on what the meaning of the word "band" is

Then keets said:

>This is an interesting statement.  I think he's right that The Who aren't
>really a band.  They were when they started off, but in forty years they've
>matured into something beyond that.  Legend, maybe?
>
>Ever since TOMMY hit the stage, they've been something beyond just four guys
>in a rock band.  You catch glimpses of other things.  A primal force?  Pure
>instinct incarnated?  Or maybe a classical composer who somehow got stuck
>with three other guys who want to play loud music.
>
>Roger likes that cozy, exclusive feel of a small band, but actually he
>handles the big-time stuff better than Pete in some ways.  You can't really
>accuse Roger of thinking small.  ;)

I thought Pete was referring to the state of The Who since the
break-up in '82. In other words, reunion tours don't make them a band
again. I haven't decided if I agree with that, but that's how I read
it.

>  > We didn't buy a program at the Atlanta show of the
>  > 2000 tour, I usually don't buy them but now I wish I
>  > had.  Does anyone have advice on where to get one?
>
>If they have some left over, maybe they'll sell them at TheWhodirect.com.
>Are they using the same program in the UK?
>
>keets

That's what I'm hoping for. There was a Who's Next t-shirt on sale in
Cleveland that I'd like to get, which wasn't available in Chicago.

Jim

I'm too exhausted to come up with a sig.