[alt.music.who] Re: Now that second-leg tix are going on sale...

   Date:  31 May 2000 02:43:59 GMT
 Groups:  alt.music.who
   From:  dvdod@aol.com (DVDOD)
    Org:  AOL http://www.aol.com
Subject:  Re: Now that second-leg tix are going on sale...
     Id:  <20000530224359.10181.00000247@ng-fy1.aol.com>
========
>I have heard that all the 150 dollar seats were gone prior to the sale, which
>seems to be true,  but am not sure how or why that would be the case.  If
>anyone has any additional info, I am interested too.

I work for a company closely associated with the Tweeter Center, and we get the
shot at the $150 seats before they go on sale to the general public. My company
was offered up to 100, and they were snapped up in a hurry. I'm a long time
lurker in this group (and my first post), but an even longer Who fan, This will
be my 14th time seeing the boys, dating back to the infamous Boston Garden show
where Moonie collapsed. Their payback show six weeks later at the end of the
tour (complete with a by-then rare instrument destruction at the end) made me a
convert for life. I've followed all the posts in the last few weeks with many
people extremely bitter about the ticket prices, the age of the group, etc. I'm
extremely psyched to see them soon-yes, they're past peak; yes-that isn't Moon
behind the drum kit; yes-the band isn't solely motivated by artistic endeavour,
but SO WHAT??????                                    For a few hours, there's a
rare chance to spend some time with the one group that made a real difference
in my life- any chance to once again ignite the passion that made The Who so
damned different fron the thousands of run-of-the-mill bands that dominated
both radio and stage alike. Even a fleeting glimpse of that power will be
enough to satisfy me for the foreseeable future and serve to remind me of the
hours listening to Quadrophenia feeling like at least someone else out there
understood what a bitch it was to be a teenager.
The $150? Chump change compared to the $14 I shelled out for my first show in
1976. It was a lot harder for me to come by that $14 than the $150 is now. If
they played three shows at that price in town, I'd see them three times, and
not give it a second thought.  The band doesn't have to be at their killer peak
the way they were when I first saw them; no one in their right mind could
realistically expect that.  A good concert is all about the passion that it
inspires in you, and the boys are still completely capable of pulling that off
-it's a shame that so many of you miss that simple point.  Look for me that
night-I'll be the guy down front who'll be wearing the contented smile.

By the way, could the people involved in the "Who killed Christ" thread please
take it somewhere else; I haven't seen the Who mentioned in there in weeks!! ;)