No Subject

You're not narrow. As I said, I am a big Police fan, but I don't like the "Synchronicity" album very much. It sounds too much like 80s regular pop. I am more into their 70s punk thing, their first two albums... If you ask me, "Regatta de blanc" is probably their best, it has it all.
As for The Police sounding like The Who, that's really hard to say, I mean everyone listens in a different way you can't really judge...
ilya
Just for a few seconds, the song lapses into that evil WHO grind (similar to
the bridge between "Amazing Journey" & 'Sparks" proper).  POLICE gettin' all heavy & shit !  Unfortunately, those few seconds, to me, are the best part of that album (which sold billions, was played constantly on the radio when it came out, and a lot of people love).  I've been told my taste in rock music is too narrow.  This may or may not be true.