RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #142

> ObWho: Listening recently to the messed up (slowed down?) version of Young
> Man Blues on the Odds & Sods reissue

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I kind of liked this version.

> Bjorn had a nice napkin, but I think he sold it.  ;)
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I knew I could count on you Keets  ;-)

	  ML wrote:

> Kevin:
> Would it?

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I *think so*.  At this point there has been much
hub-bub-ballo about Lifehouse, but there is no "story telling" product
except for the play (don't listen to while driving on a long trip unless you
enjoy digging corn out of the underside of your car).  All we have is
demo's, ideas, thoughts, pieces.   I want it all put together!  I want a
rock story.  Story is the key word here.  Tie it all together.
	I think the release of a complete Lifehouse by The Who would sell as
a "must have lost classic".  Kind of a bridge from today back to the past.
What better way to unite the younger fans with the old.
	Isn't that the whole purpose of the lifehouse concept........unity?
	Lifehouse is so integral to what The Who stands for it *must* be
released (I'll be sure to let Pete know about that ;-).

> What would they call it,

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  "And now the rest of the story........Lifehouse,
the rock opera"

>  I'd MUCH rather have new material.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  No complaints from me on that!

> I think it would be a lessor offering just to redo it

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] Redo it from what?  I see Lifehouse as being very
different from Who's Next.  WN is just a whistle wetter.

> The same holds true for Quad; despite all of the
> problems they had on the original tour, I'd rather have a version from
> 1973
> than 1997.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Ahhhh, you be old school my friend.  I as well,
but I did dig the recent tours.
	But *god* it's amazing to watch Keith on drums.   Follow the
hands........DOH!.............. they're gone in a blurrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > 	The Rap thing, well......I'm afraid my studies would tell me that is
> > a cultural reflection.
>
> Did you mean "infection?"

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Having trouble reading you here, so I'll take
you seriously.  No, didn't mean infection.  Clearly a reflection of
attitudes within the given population.  Ties into my belief of song as a
medium for story telling of the times.
	I'm trying desperately to stay PC and analytical here.

	If you were sarcastic, yep infection would fit as well. ;-)
	Unfortunately it seems to be spreading.
	KIDS......PULL UP YOUR DAMN PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

> How about: "Who is she/I'll rape it..." Note the usage of "it."

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Macho Teenage bravado, and nothing more.  Still
stems from frustrations due to feelings of inadequacy and hurt.  I don't
read this as a global slam or being mean toward women.  Definitely some
eyebrow raising lyrics though.
	My wife used to hate this song and got mad at me once for "getting
off" to it.  But hey, if you're hurt enough, you'll say anything.
	I see it as Pete lashing out.  I've been there.  I've been
incredibly pissed at the plasticness of many girls in the past.  Hence my
attraction to "real" women who aren't afraid to be themselves instead of the
"Barbie" ideal rammed down their throat from age birth.
	And DAMN IT to the women who are reading this.........if you *HAVE*
to buy your girl or niece something Barbie because that's *all* she wants,
do us all a favor and make it "Mountain Bike Barbie", or something like
that!!!!!!!!!!    This is your responsibility and the way to shake off those
shackles!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Subject: Re: Possible Pete Shepherd's Bush live CD
> Uh...didn't Pete just release a live album a few months ago?
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'm sure you saw it, but there was a recent post
on another list by a woman who was at that show.  She considered it one of
the best live Pete show's ever.  Apparently Pete played more than just WAY
with the modern rap edge.
	I'd be interested in hearing it.

	Thank god for Steve Loguno (butchered his name I know).  What great
insight into what John is doing to prep for the tour.
	Do we know anything else about what is going on right now???  There
must be *some* information out there!!!!!!??
	The boys play together again in just 4 days!!!!!
	Can't wait to spend several evenings in the same room with our
	Anyone know of anyone going to the charity show?????

	Stay in tune,
	Kevin in VT.