RE: Rapfuturefight

> Boy, I really retained *that* knowledge !
> Je regrete(?).
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Ahhhhhhh, short term memory loss strikes again!

> Word.  Peace y'all.
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Rap Master
Schrade..............................stick to your day job.  ;-)

> > [O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Who, me??  Say what??
> Kevin:
> I HATE like HELL to break the news to you, but you're not the only Kevin
> in
> town.
>         Cheers                 ML

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Damn, just when I thought I was *the* Kevin at
the center of the universe.
	Sorry, but when you stated "since Kevin doesn't want to say", and
copied one of my patented "Baaaaaaahaaaaaaa" right below that, I was
thinking you were talking to me since there was no other reply to the
Baaaaaahaaaaa.
	No biggie, you were probably moving pretty fast.  I'm often guilty
of that.  Maybe I was reading too fast.

> >Take the big adventure!!!!  What about a grand trip to London???
> That's an idea!  Last year there was a special in late summer to fly for
> $200 from the east coast during the fall.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Believe it or not, it would cost me over $400 to
fly to DC, and only $250 to London from here!!
	No wait, that's *from* *DC* to here or London.

> <gasp>  John actually jumped!!??!!

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Well, let's call it a hop.  I was focused on him
with my binoculars because he was 'jawing' with Rog which produced some big
laughter from John (yes I was already in shock at that sight).   When the
next song started (couldn't for the life of me remember which one) John kind
of leaped back into "John position" and then did a little hop on a down beat
when he came in.  I turned to my buddy STu and yelled "John just jumped!!".
He saw it too.  We all laughed out loud.

> Everybody's hitting on the rap, but it's really just a small part of the
> overall sound, and I had sort of discounted it, myself.  I don't know if
> the
> folks requesting it are attracted by that little snippet or not.  Think
> so?

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I would imagine (and hope) that it's due to the
sound on the rest of the song.  The rap part simply (IMO) makes it
interesting due to it's uniqueness to a Townshend tune.  I'm not the biggest
fan of the rap, except for the "up from the 60's and into te 90's" part, and
also the Pete Townshend praise part.
	BTW, ever notice that the beginning of the song sounds very similar
(or at least has the same feel) as Give Blood?  So, not really *that* new of
a feel/sound for Pete.

>  They've both complained
> about how The Who always ruin their songs.  Think they'll do the same to
> Roger's? ;)
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I think we're in some new territory here.  It's
anyone's guess.

> From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
> Subject: writing songs
> Okay, I thought a little bit on what Pete should write songs about and
> I've
> got an answer:
> All of Pete's songs that I like the best are written about something he
> FEELS.  The ones where somebody has said, "Here, Pete, write something
> about
> this," don't speak to me nearly as much.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Funny, we're on the same track here.  I went
through the same thought process yesterday evening.
	So, what is Pete feeling these days?  What is going on in his life?
	My answers..........a final separation from Karen (big potential
there),  a successful reunion tour, struggling to determine where his music
is going (seen that a bunch already huh?), re-discovery or better
understanding of his long "friendships" in the band (more big potential).
Also, from some of Pete's recent lyrics, he *does* seem to keep an eye on
"current events".  "eat your shredded wheat, take your vitamin pills, and
read about the kills" as an example (or something like that).

> I actually got 2 picks from that show... ;-)
> Cheers,
> Bjorn Ciggaar

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Bastard!!!

> Subject: Re: My E-Center lawsuit
> It must be fairly standard for folks to get hurt at concerts.  Enough so
> that attendees lose some of their protections and are assumed to share
> liability.  I've read about a judge throwing a concert injury out of court
>
> because rock concerts were a "known hazard."
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  So is skiing, but there is always the "legal
disclaimer" on the ticket.  I don't have a stub with me, but is there any
such disclaimer on a concert ticket??? AND, that skiing disclaimer doesn't
say anything about an injury caused by an instructor or any staff at the
resort.   My jaw is on the floor that all my protections are gone at a
concert.  So, what if one of my children (future) or my 80yo father is
seriously injured (like a broken shoulder and 16 stitches for Christ sake)
by an employee of the venue???  I (or he) have no recourse???  What the
hell, are we to understand that concerts are free-for-alls!!!!  Staff can go
nuts on us if they want without provocation and our hands are tied??  This
doesn't make sense to me at all. Is it that the employee who did the harm
can't be identified, and there are no witnesses???
	Where is Sean when you need him. Someone re-post on O&S and get Sean
to comment.  It'll fit right in with the "sit down" debate a ragin'.

	Confused and bewildered,
	Kevin in VT.