Re: Some more PNC thoughts

WHO6489@aol.com wrote:

>  Hello Fellow WHO Heads,
>     I was on Pete's side in the 20th row (101 row T) and the PA was only a
> few feet away, so I couldn't make out everything that Pete was saying. Thanks
> to Bjorn and Fang for clearing up some of what was said and letting me know
> that Dance It Away was in MG. I knew Crossroads was in there though. The
> wrestling bit during TKAA was pretty funny! I'm a wrestling fan, so I
> appreciated it.

Don't forget Roger's tumble when he tripped over his monitor and then remained
lying on the stage floor for awhile, just staring at the sky! Droppin' mikes in
Detroit, doing his wrestlin' moves in PNC!

>     As far as people dancing, the area I was in, everybody was dancing, even
> the kids! Quite a few folks brought their children, and they were really into
> it! I thought that was really cool!

I talk to people before the show and say you'll be singing, dancing, laughing &
crying. Not a bad setlist for the partakers!

>     Pete was pissed off that one particular light was shining right in his
> face, but after a while it looked like that light was either turned off, or
> repositioned.

Although Pete's moment of insanity was ignored by the video crew, when he said
"I'm sorry to you fans in the back but let's shut of the video for one song (as
the lights was bothering him)." They shut off the offending light, but as far as
I noticed, the video feed continued.

>     Bjorn, Magik had the same problem with the VIP thing and also upgraded
> and got front row center!

These people got caught last night. The current VIP tix system is really
unacceptable. When I went to p/u my vip tix, I saw Alan open his envelope and out
pops a Gold VIP pass. I started salivating on the possibilities. A few moments
later I get and open my envelope only to find a fuckin' tix to Row V in Section
101. I was devastated. So, I check the seating chart and realize it a ticket in
the 22nd row! I immediately go back and inform the tix guy that this must be a
mistake as the VIP guarantees the 1st 20 rows! So this guy goes away with my tix
and comes back with another envelope! Wow, what's in it? So I open it and the
fuckin tix in now in Row Y. Row Y the 25th row!!! I go back with fire in my eyes
and tell him: You don't go backwards when you're upgraded, get me the manager!!!
So the manager comes out and I am lit up like a 4th of July fireworks show and
when he says to me, if you only knew how to communicate and calm down maybe we
can solve this! So in about a nanosecond later I apologize for venting and
expressing my huge disappointment to him. And then he hands me a ticket that puts
me in the first row, directly in front of Pete!

> He had the yellow shirt on with "Nobody but the
> WHO" on the back.
>  If I'm not mistaken, I saw him shake Roger's hand. Is this right Magik?

Actually, that was when Roger handed his harmonica to a baby boy, who was being
held by father (or mother) and when he reached down I was about 1 foot away from
him when he did it! It was awesome! They flashed to this kid on the video screens
and it was a special moment! Very special.

>     As far as Tee Shirts, I can now say that finally, I can wear a shirt that
> lets everyone know that one of my favorite albums is Sell Out!
>     I was really impressed with the shirts they had. Very good quality
> material and a nice selection (Sell Out in blue, O&S in tan, LAL in black &
> red, etc.) I did think it was ironic that there were no WN shirts, since
> that's the album spotlighted on this tour. Oh well. They also had signed
> posters from John of a WBN era drawing for $20.
>  Good price, but I didn't have enough cash to get one ;-(
>     I do recommend that you get a program. This thing is PACKED with info and
> ALOT of never seen before pics! Speaking of which, there is an AD for a new
> limited edition coffee table book simply called THE WHO LIVE. Pete says that
> many of the pictures in this book are so rare that HE never saw them! If
> interested, goto
>  www.genesis-publications.com       It is pricey and with run you $300!
>     So there ya have it,

All in all it was one of the greatest days/nights of my humble 49 years. LLR,
magik