Oasis to cover My Generation.

>noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>this is gonna be cringe material having to listen to liam whine out the
>lyrics and try (again) to look tough.....
>
>they seem to cover/rip off someone on a b-side now and then..
>slade's cum on feel the noize...
>beatles youve got to hide your love away/i am the walrus....

>>>OASIS ARE DOING MY GENERATION? They don't deserve such a good song!
>ilya
>
>Yes, someone who agrees that Oasis shouldn't do My Generation because
they're Beatle wanna be's.  Did you hear their butchering of I Am the Walrus?

OI OI OI OI!! Big Oasis fan here! If it weren't for Oasis I'd never have
listened to bands like the Who, The Kinks, Small Faces, The Byrds etc etc.
Fair enough, I can't imagine Liam (or Noel for that matter) singing My
Generation either, but I couldn't imagine hearing them cover I Am The
Walrus, and that turned out alright (and I'm not the only one who thought
so). At least they add their own sound to it, rather than just doing a
straight-out copy (even heard that sixpence none the richer version of
"There She Goes" - it's almost identical). And the Beatles wannabe
accusations are so old news, it's just not even an issue any more. So they
like the Beatles? So what? It could be worse, much worse :)

Rebekah - a "new" Who fan.