RE: Richi, Lables, and such.

>>I didn't like that Spike Lee made the Who fan
>>such a loser. That is harder to believe than what happened in Phantom
>>Menace.

>I didn't think he was such a loser.  He was the only one who got out of it
>with any integrity.
>keets

(O'Neal, Kevin) Thank you Keets!  I agree.  I thought Spike captured it
well.  Only character with any intelligence and drive to succeed.  Spike
captured the concept of "I've got it all here in my head, there's nothing
more needs to be said", and "but my dreams they aren't as empty as my
concience seems to be" nicely.  Isn't it all about being misunderstood,
after all? Although, IMO he over did it with the punk "appearance". If your
doing the mow-hawk with color thing, you're likely listening to harder punk
than The Who, and would have probably considered The Who too main stream.

>Another thing to remember is that the Labels are going to go with "what's
>hot" and that's that!
>Keith

(O'Neal, Kevin)  Keith has a point here.  It's hard to let myself believe
that the vast majority of people out there spending money on music, are
spending it on pop garbage. But it's true of course. It's tough for the
lables to devote alot (or as much) of promotion money if they can't get a
return.....or the type of return for their $$ that they can get promoting a
piece of crap, fly by night, teenie weenie, no sence, here today-gone
tomorrow, not talent, fucking LAME, NO FEELING, NO HISTORY, NO ETHIC,
GARBAGE BAND!!!!!  AAAAAAHHH!  Yes, you look very sexy in your tight little
outfit with your belly showing!  Or....Yes what many tattoo's you
have...better to scare me with!! Oh my!!  :-()
It's depressing in so many ways.

>Sometimes I think a hand-crafted compilation given to a friend can turn
>a mild interest into a fellow fan more than MCA or those crappy people
>could ever hope to achieve! ;-).

(O'Neal, Kevin) The gift of music is priceless, oh embassadors of The Who.
Even more so when it's customized!

>"This country's in a weird, feeble, grotesque state and its about time
>it got out of it... and the reason it could get out of it is ROCK
>MUSIC and I think that Pete Townshend, The Who, Roger Daltrey, Entwistle,
>Moon could rise this country out of its ambient state more than Wilson
>or those crappy people could ever hope to achieve!"
>    - Ken Russell in Kids Are Alright interview clip
(O'Neal, Kevin) Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap!!

Sitting here, as I type, listening to the audio of the Vegas show. Thanks
Lars!  They got here today.  Must have been delayed in customs, considering
the official government tape with gov. seal that reads "opened by US
customs".  Coming from The Netherlands....hmmmmmm....wonder what they were
looking for???
Anyway....John's solo in 5:15 if FUCKING NUTS!!  Bassist of The Century
indeed!!!
I also like where Pete sais "he sais I'm the man".  Pete talking back to the
crowd I presume.  Ugh, why didn't I go......

Always on a Who High,
Kevin in VT.