Groundhog Day; Milk & Honey; Pete's role in Iron Giant

Now let me get this straight...this is Groundhog Day...so if the
groundhog sees his shadow, then he zips back into his hole and we wait
six more months for the Who's BBC SESSIONS...but if he *doesn't* see his
shadow....

Seriously, though, in answer to Mark's comment:

>But were they having problems this early on (apart from Pete having a
few
on
tour)? There is no indication of this in any account I've seen. They
were
probably making or having Emma about the time this song was written.<

You're probably right, since I know very little about Pete's personal
bio.  I never really thought much about a sexual meaning to the lines
until this discussion began; I was just idly speculating.  What I'm
wondering about now is the next part of the verse:  "Press any button
and milk and honey flows".  Hadn't given that much thought, either,
until this all came up, but it reminds me of when MILK AND HONEY came
out and I was wondering if the title referred to John & Yoko
respectively...either because of skin color or something else.  Yes, I
suppose I have a dirty mind, too. ;-)

Lastly, to anyone who might know:  What exactly was Pete's role in
producing THE IRON GIANT?  Did he have a say in the story direction,
casting, music, etc., or did he just give permission and fund the
flick?  I ask because it's an excellent movie, and I'd like to think
that he contributed some ideas although it's very different from THE
IRON MAN.

--Carolyn