Bad News/Good news

The Who Not Recording Yet

(1/31/00, 3 p.m. ET) - Roger Daltrey tells LAUNCH that the new Who
recording sessions that the group announced last year have yet to
transpire due to the individual members' assorted other commitments --
most notably Pete Townshend's work preparing The Lifehouse Chronicles
boxed set.
However, Daltrey did say the Who is busy working on a live album that
will be distributed via the Internet, drawn from the group's
performances last year in Chicago and London. The album will be
available for download beginning the first week in April at
www.musicmakers.com. Daltrey says that it has been interesting to
juxtapose the new tapes next to The BBC Sessions, which will be released
on Feb. 15.

"Well, the one thing that never ceases to amaze me, and it's really
apparent in these last few shows we've done, is how the energy hasn't
changed," Daltrey tells LAUNCH. "The stuff I'm listening to now from the
live gigs has got, is in some ways, more energy than it had back then,
which is extraordinary considering our age. So I suppose it's something
that's in-built in the music. And it's got nothing to do with age, it's
just the music, and it's kind of gratifying, in a way. That's how I've
always felt about it."

Daltrey says the Who is considering touring before it starts working on
new material.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

HEY! They're thinking about touring before they start recording! Do you
think I got through? I did post the suggestion they work on the new material
live before recording on the PT site. Nice to think about, anyway.

             Cheers                  ML