Yule celebrate

>I am on this jag because Mark L has favored me with his own personal Who
>Live box set:  5 discs from '64-'89 that give a great feel of the

Jeff:

Actually it ends with WGFA from MSG `96. It was completely up to date, until
this tour. Ah well. Maybe there'll be enough material for a disc 6.
As for the `80's material, yes it seems that they became what Daltrey wanted
them to be...a "professional" band, "going through the motions" as Pete
later put it. That is why it only lasted two years, and the `89 Tommy tour
was more like "The Who on ice."

>progression of The Who as live performers.  I find most of the '80s stuff
>to be pretty flat.  After listening to these five wonderfully edited
>discs (THANKS MARK!!!!!!!), I popped in some 2000 tracks and was
>immediately re-engaged.

You're very welcome, Jeff. To you and all of you Whooligans here on the list
or somewhere in Whoville, Happy Crimble however you may or may not celebrate
it.

"Did you ever see the faces of the children/They get so excited/
   Waking up on Christmas morning/Hours before the winter sun's ignited/
    They believe in dreams and all they mean including Heaven's generousity/
      Peeping `round the door to see what parcels are for free in
curiousity..."
                                                            Pete Townshend