dark day

Mark Leaman writes:

<< It's a dark day  for Democracy. Some people will do anything to grab
power, including  disenfranchising the population of his or her country. >>

Just curious - since both sides in this have made their own blatant attempts
to discount votes in Florida does the 'dark day" epithet go both ways?  It
was indeed a dark day in 1960 when Chicago's Mayor Daley and Texas' LBJ
helped steal the election for JFK as well.  It was also a adrk day when the
Florida Supreme Court TWICE overstepped its bounds and became the defacto
legislature - which is not what courts do.  They got spanked by the US
Supreme Court for doing so.

But it is indeed a dark day for our republic (since we are not a democracy) -
as the Democrats and Republicans are still in power!  There goes any hope for
smaller government, more freedom, less taxes, less assaults on the
Constitution, etc.

Greg Biggs
Libertarian