mgmp3

keets said:  "Speaking of the mp3s, how are folks on this list doing at
downloading that
latest version of "My Generation?"  Any discussion?  It's got some of the

characteristics I loved about the Tweeter show--enough space in the music

where you can actually hear their wall of sound.  You hear one of them
try
it out before they start (JAE?), and then during all the noise of the MG,

it's pretty much gone."

keets,
I was able to download and give it one listen.  Once I got over the
trebly sound by fooling with my stereo my toes were curled too.  There
are at least 3 other people reading this list who will have copies by
Monday (you know who you are).

There is a noticable improvement in the playing since Tweeter.  They have
gotten much better at following each other and/or knowing where things
are going.  Either they didn't rehearse enough in June, or they were
saving the sparks for later in the tour.

Its just so damn lively.  The new style comes out full force.  Zak's
power and rapidity on the toms fills the bottom nicely, his (very
un-Keith-like) avoidance of the cymbals is compensated for by Rabbit's
and Pete's high fills.  Zak's more conventional rhythmic patterns also
allow John and Pete plenty of room to improvise and demonstrate how
brilliant they have become in their advanced years of experience playing.
 Zak's improvement and Pete's willingness to accept this new sound are
making all the difference this year.  I feel that they can (and will)
take this further in the coming months.

I am hoping to get some time to tweak the sound on these files (bass
boosting mostly) and before I put them all together for a good pair of
car discs.

Jeff