Quadrophenia Too/mp3s

>I hope I NEVER see QUAD on Broadway.

Okay, don't go.  ;)

I doubt if I'd go, either--I'm not a big Broadway fan.  But certainly I'm
not going to say Pete shouldn't do that.  I suspect the Broadway TOMMY
brought in a completely different audience than anything else The Who has
ever done--and the more the merrier.  Pete has mentioned doing it.  I
wouldn't deny those folks the Who experience, nor Pete the Tonys.

>Now THIS appeals to me. It's been said there's yet another LP's worth of
>unused QUAD material sitting around, and hopefully it would incorporated
>into the new album. This also fits Pete's latest MO of finishing projects
>started 100 years ago.

I dunno about using the old stuff.  I didn't care for the use of the WHO'S
NEXT music with the updated LIFEHOUSE.  There was a noticible difference in
philosophies--the "Gateway Remix WAY" worked great, though.  Perfect match
to the sentiments.

I suspect TED tried out enough material during the summer jams to fill a
whole double album.  I'll be happy to wait a year or so while they polish
and record it.  No rush.  I've got my Pete mp3s to keep me warm and
contented until then.  :)

Speaking of the mp3s, how are folks on this list doing at downloading that
latest version of "My Generation?"  Any discussion?  It's got some of the
characteristics I loved about the Tweeter show--enough space in the music
where you can actually hear their wall of sound.  You hear one of them try
it out before they start (JAE?), and then during all the noise of the MG,
it's pretty much gone.

Then once they lighten up, you get all those gorgeous effects.  Notice the
Pete/Rabbit duet?  Pete sounds like he's playing against a buzz saw, and
then they switch and Rabbit's playing against it.  I hear John turn up in
there, too, and then the feedback echoes Roger's voice.  They finish up with
an outright skreech.  Have I mentioned it's gorgeous?

Finally I can almost hear the words for this.  Here's what I get:

Untitled something-or-other
by Roger Daltrey/The Who?

Intro:

Talkin about it,
Talkin about it,
My-my-my generation,
Oh yeah,
Oh yeah,
My generation,

Talkin' about it,
Talk, talk, talk,
Talkin' about it,
T-t-t-talking about it,

Hey, hey, hey, hey,
Hey, talkin' about it,
Talkin' about it, yeah,
Talkin' about it,
Still talkin' about that generation.

I'm wanting to know,
I'm wanting to know,

Song lyrics:

They put us down,
Kicked us round,
They told us lies,
And criticized.

But still we stand,
Hand in hand,
And I'm proud,
Of me and my band.

And my generation,
Ain't gone away,
My generation,
Still here today.

So if you want it,
You can come and take it,
But if you want it,
You gotta make it.

My generation,
You're still talkin' about it...
My generation,
They're still talkin' about it,
My generation...
They're still talkin' about it,
My generation...

Come and get it,
If you want it,
Come on and take it
And it'll be okay.
Come on and get it,
If you want it,
Oh, come and get it,
It'll be okay.
Oh, your generation.

Sounds like Daltrey, doesn't it?  Gotta love his attitude.  ;)

keets