Re: Stones, New WHO, & Pete

>true, if the who pull a santana and have their album rocket to #1 then it
>will be fine but if their hopeful new album does anything less they will
>get shot. i do admire the stones but it seems to me they dont care about
>the album. the who know it will be analyzed in every way so they are
>frightenend

They've never had a number 1 album.  Sort of late to look for one now.  But
then, it would be nice, I guess.  Maybe they should collaborate with
Santana. ;)

Seriously now, it's true that it will be analyzed, but then life is about
risk.  If they never try, they'll never accomplish anything more.  This tour
was a risk, but they did their homework and so far it's been fine.  As far
as a new album goes, it oughten to be that tough to beat IT'S HARD, which
had some good material on it, but (I think) sounds premature.

Santana did a very upbeat, cheerful album, nicely multicultural and
multigenerational, and backed it up with lots of semi-naked, sexy gals in
his videos.  Anybody have any feelings about what TED might put out?
Something dark and moody like the Lifehouse play?  Hmmm.  Could make a good
video.

keets