Re: Stones, New WHO, & Pete

>Let's think a minute as to just how much scrutiny a new WHO studio
>album would come under.  Enormous amounts !  I'm not surprised that Pete is
>lashing out on the subject of fan/critic expectations.  He's gotta be
>scared shitless !

Actually, I think they've hedged their bets.  They've said right from the
beginning they'll trash it if it's rubbish.  Also, there are a few built in
ways to avoid the criticism.

>And now it's getting close to crunch time.  They were supposed to have come
>up with some new songs, or at least seeds of songs, on this tour & so far
>have little to show for it.

Dunno.  Various fans have complained about the length of the jams, and Pete
even stopped once and started over.  I could hear the shifts in rhythm and
style myself.  And supposedly they've recorded the whole works.  I'd say
they've got something to work with.

>Pete's feeling the pressure.  Big time.  It'll only get more interesting.

Definitely he wasn't feeling too happy yesterday, but I don't know that it
was pressure.  I don't think that will really come up until the album is
ready to release.

keets