RE: RationalizingthescarsofFaceDances

> From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
> Subject: MSG Rationalization?
> Kevin, Kevin, Kevin.  I smell a rationalization in the making here.  Since
> you are not able to go to the show, are you trying to build a case that
> your
> absence would be a good thing?  You and I both *know* you want to be
> there!
> Jeff

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Hmmmm.  Well, I can see why you'd think that.
*BUT*, I'm ready to pounce in the event (it's looking very likely) a show on
10/9 is added.
	What you are interpreting as a rationalization is me really just
mulling over the whole thing.  Just want to look at every angle.  I'm not a
big Page (curiosity) fan by any means, and I'm much less of a Crows fan than
a Page fan.  I don't want to shell out the money for seats (STILL CAN'T GET
A HOLD OF INFO. ON THE PRICING BREAKDOWN TO MATCH UP WITH SEATS/SECTIONS),
only to find the Who's set is cut to less than 2 hours.  I'd be quite bummed
if *that* happened.
	I'm sure Magic will convince me to go if the 10/9 show is added ;-)
.  Hell, I can get a $27 flight through JetBlue back from NY!!

>  I'm mending well I
> have a small scar from the stitches which made me
> mad.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'm sure it gives you personality, I mean more
than you already have.  :-)

> My shoulder on the other hand didn't heal to
> well,and now I have to go to physical therapy.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Mmmmmm, PT good.  Be sure to get some of that
electrical stim. !

> What
> makes it worse is the fact that while I'm at physical
> therapy all I hear on the radio is Kenny G.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  OK, *NOW* I'm getting mad !!!  Is there no
respect for the WHO's walking wounded ??????

> My lawsuit
> hasn't had any drastic changes as you know I did find
> a lawyer , but the main problem we have is proving
> that the injuries actually happened at the concert.I
> should be getting a court date any day now.Thanks for
> your concern.
>   wish me luck,
>        jess in jersey

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Best of Luck!  Keep fighting and don't give up.
Maybe you could try and get a settlement advance from your lawyer so you can
go to an MSG show! ;-)

> From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
> Subject: FACE DANCES
>
> I got my FACE DANCES album out because of a discussion over on O&S, and I
> can see why Roger liked this one.  The songs sound really fun to sing.
> The
> material's not that bad.  So now I have the idea it might be more
> successful
> with a different drummer, like maybe Zak Starkey.
> Why is it that FACE DANCES isn't especially popular?  Not enough angst?
> It
> sounds a lot like Pete's solo albums to me.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I've been listening to FD a bunch over the last
few months (as has my wife....hmmmmm).  My friend Bill (bald dude you met at
Boston) said before the show that *that* was one of his favorite albums, so
I felt I owed him some re-listening before Boston.
	I find FD and IH to both be great albums. Different, but still very
good.
	I agree with Brian below, these albums were doomed before the start
with a set population.
	I seem to even remember "justifying" not going to the '82 tour (not
that it was *my* decision) to other friends because The Who wasn't The Who
without Keith (loyal to the core).  Remember, this was also "soon" after
Bonam died, and the debate of "should The Who continue" was raging.

> From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
> Subject: Re: FACE DANCES
>
> > Why is it that FACE DANCES isn't especially popular?
>
> Always a big question for me, not because I'm such a champion of the album
> (although, in toto, I like it better than Who Are You), but because I
> think
> both the last two albums are routinely slammed for predisposed reasons and
> not because people have actually listened carefully to them.
>
> Here's the major complaints that have made about Face Dances:
>
> 1) Pete's writing style:  This "obscure and
> oblique" style of writing was very off-putting to fans who were previously
> attracted to Pete's writing for its straight-forward emotionalism.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Silly bastards!  Darwinism at it's best.  Learn
to adapt!!  Change is good!

> 3) Kenney's much blander drumming style.  Face Dances made Kenney look bad
> and it wasn't totally his fault.  Both Pete and John wrote their songs
> with
> Kenney's style in mind (has Simon Phillips or Zac Starkey played "You
> Better
> You Bet" in a style different from the way Kenney plays it here?  If they
> have, I haven't heard it).

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  YBYB on the first leg of this tour has had much
energy and drive.  It almost feels like a different song with Zack behind
the kit.  I can't tell you if it's a different "style" per se, but he does
add a *HUGE* amount of energy to the song.

> 4) Roger's singing.  Not that it's bad singing from a technical sense, but
> that he often "overacts" the songs.
>         -Brian in Atlanta

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Didn't Roger start singing lessons right around
this time?  Or was that right before WAY?

	Kevin in VT